CREED WELCOMES €60,000 FOR OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNSEL BALLINCOLLIG

Cork North West T.D. Michael Creed has today warmly welcomed the allocation of €60,000 by the Department of Health of National Lottery funds to our Lady of Good Counsel Ballincollig. Commenting on the allocations Deputy Creed said:

“I am pleased to see a very worthy organisation in this constituency being supported with an allocation from the Department of Health of National Lottery funding. Our Lady of Good Counsel Special School, in Ballincollig has been awarded €60,000 for the purpose of installing sports and play facilities including a running track at the school. This would be a wonderful facility for the school and I hope that this grant can go some of the way to seeing the project completed”

June 29, 2015 at 3:35 pm Leave a comment

CREED WELCOMES SIGNIFICANT JOBS BOOST FOR BALLINCOLLIG

Cork North West TD Michael Creed has this morning welcomed the announcement that eSentire Inc., a leader in continuous advanced threat protection cybersecurity solutions and managed security services, based in Ontario, Canada plans to create close to 100 jobs over the next five years in a European HQ and Security Operations Centre in Ballincollig. Commenting on this announcement Deputy Creed said;
“The creation of more high-spec jobs in the IT sector here in Cork North West is welcome news indeed. Credit is due to my colleague Minister Bruton and the IDA for attracting a company of the calibre of eSentire Inc. This is a vote of confidence in the talent pool available in the wider Ballincollig and Cork area.
“Those interested in applying for a job with eSentire in Ballincollig should visit: http://www.esentire.com/careers. This hub will be the Company’s European Headquarters ensuring that Ballincollig will be the centre of eSentire’s activities within the EU

May 27, 2015 at 10:52 am Leave a comment

UNEMPLOYMENT DOWN 12% IN MACROOM & 14% IN NEWMARKET SINCE APRIL 2014

Cork North West TD, Michael Creed has this morning welcomed recent CSO figures showing a reduction of the live register figures for the Macroom & Newmarket areas since April last year. Commenting on the figures Deputy Creed said:

“There continues to be a consistent reduction in the employment figures in Cork North West which is clearly illustrated by the most recent figures. The Macroom office has reported a year on year reduction of 12% from 1433 people signing on to 1236 while the Newmarket office has a reduction of 14% from 1163 to 1328. Significantly the numbers unemployed in Macroom has reduced by 28% and in Newmarket by 38% since this Government took office in 2011.

“This is good news for the area and reflects growth trends in Agriculture, the food industry, tourism and construction in the area. We are finally beginning to see the recovery spread to the Regions beyond Dublin and it is hoped that through the Action Plan for Jobs regional emphasis that this growth can be accelerated.

“The job of fixing the economy and restoring full employment is far from complete. We need stability and focus to continue the drive towards these goals over the coming year and beyond the next General Election”.

May 5, 2015 at 10:43 am Leave a comment

CREED WELCOMES SECOND APPLICATION OPPORTUNITY FOR FARMERS TO ENTER GLAS

Cork North West TD, Michael Creed has this morning welcomed the announcement by Agriculture Minister, Simon Coveney TD, that a second round of GLAS applications will be invited from the autumn. Commenting on the announcement Deputy Creed said:

“It is anticipated that 25,000 farmers will have registered for the first round of applications and a further 10,000 will be welcomed from autumn until the end of the year with view to commencing on the scheme on January 1st 2016.

“The second application process will give farmers in Cork North West who have not yet subscribed to the scheme to apply. The Minister confirmed that there has been interest from all farmers, including those with the “priority environmental assets (PEAs) identified by his Department. GLAS is structured along three distinct tiers, with priority entry to farmers in Tier 1 (that is those with PEAs such as farmland bird habitats, commonages and high status water areas), followed by Tier 2, with Tier 3 farmers being allocated places last.

“The period for formal submission of applications is expected to open very shortly. I would advise all farmers applying to the scheme to ensure that they have reviewed in detail their applications, as once it has been submitted by their advisors, no amendments will be accepted. This is why the Department has provided a long lead-period for the preparation of applications on-line. The Minister also announced that he is giving additional time to Commonage GLAS planners to get their commonage plans completed and submitted.

“There will also be a new extended date for the completion of the commonage plans, this date is now 31st August. Farmers with commonage will still have to make sure they lodge their individual GLAS applications by the 22nd May.”

April 30, 2015 at 11:16 am Leave a comment

CREED WELCOMES €130,585 IN EXTRA FUNDING FOR SCOIL NAOMH MHUIRE FARRAN

Cork North West TD Michael Creed has welcomed the allocation of an extra €130,585 by the Department of Education to Scoil Naomh Mhuire, Farran, Co. Cork. Commenting on the allocation Deputy Creed said:

“I am pleased that the Department of Education has made this significant extra allocation to Scoil Naomh Mhuire to support and facilitate the construction of classrooms for the provision of special classes as sanctioned by the National Council for Special Education. Other works include the construction of a water treatment system, significant additional ground works, a link corridor between the existing building and new extension, works to increase the size of the Principals office, staff accessible WC and soft play area.

“This allocation brings to €466,463 the total investment being made by the Department in the school. I would like to commend the Principal, the staff, the board of management and the parents of Scoil Naomh Mhuire for their commitment to this project. Developments on the scale of the expansion in Scoil Naomh Muire require meticulous planning and hard work to bring to fruition.

“Spending in Education has been a key priority for this Government and I am extremely gratified as a local TD, that during our most difficult economic period in the history of the State, that there has been record levels of investment in our schools locally”.

April 28, 2015 at 4:29 pm Leave a comment

CREED WELCOMES SUPPORT FOR CORK NORTH WEST SCHOOLS UNDER THE SUMMER WORKS SCHEME

Cork North West T.D. Michael Creed has today welcomed the inclusion of fourteen schools from the Cork North West Constituency in the Summer Works scheme for 2015. Scoil Fionnbarra, Ballingeary, S N Mhuire Kiskeam, S N Naomh Eoin Baiste, Ballincollig, Rockchapel NS, Togher NS, SN Achadh Bolg, Canovee Mixed NS Shandrum NS, Newtownshandrum, Inchigeela NS, SN Cill Mhuire, Macroom Convent NS, Scoil Na mBraithre, Charleville, SN Naomh Lachtin Donoghmore, and Mannix College, Charleville will all receive money to improve and upgrade existing school buildings. This first round of funding will allow schools to carry out small and medium scale building works.

“The recommencement of the Department of Education’s Summer Works Scheme is significant in that it marks a return to normal funding of our Educational infrastructure following the economic crisis. The Summer Works scheme was one of the first schemes to be cut during the recent economic crisis and I am encouraged to see it restored and developed under this Government”.

“The Scheme provides support for schools to undertake important upgrading and maintenance work during the summer months. While the sums of money involved are modest, this support is hugely beneficial to each and every individual school. Furthermore this scheme empowers school management to engage local contractors to carry out the works and therefore is a boost to the local economy”.

April 2, 2015 at 7:00 am Leave a comment

MACROOM RE-SURFACING WORKS TO COMMENCE FROM MARCH 23RD – CREED

Cork North West TD Michael Creed has confirmed that the resurfacing of the N22 through Macroom town is due to commence on the week beginning March 23rd. Commenting on the proposed works Deputy Creed said;

“I welcome the commencement of the much needed resurfacing of the N22 in Macroom town. The road surface has been in a very poor condition for some time now and is badly in need of repair. Road users, pedestrians, residents and traders have all suffered the adverse effects of the damaged surface.

“However it is important to point out to all frequent users of the road, residents and business people in the town that we are in for a difficult number of weeks in terms of congestion and delays while the works are being carried out. Sadly these delays are unavoidable. I’ve appealed to the authorities responsible for the project to make every effort to engage positively to minimise disruption for all”.

March 12, 2015 at 4:44 pm Leave a comment

Older Posts


RSS Latest Government News

  • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.

Categories


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.